Kevin Vaughn is one of the few teaching professionals who holds dual certifications from leading organizations in the tennis industry for the past 3 decades. Kevin is dedicated to providing individualized coaching that fits clients of all ages, skill levels, using novel and modern techniques of tennis fundamentals. Kevin is passionate about developing a player’s physical, tactical, and mental conditioning. He has been instrumental in pioneering several tennis programs in Northeast Ohio as a tennis ambassador to the USTA and as a Tennis Director of various private clubs in the Northeast Ohio area. Kevin was a nationally ranked junior player, reaching a year-end ranking by the Florida Tennis Association of singles No. 64. He qualified to play in the International Tennis Federation (ITF) Gator Bowl 18 and Under Singles in 1986. He helped his high school team earn a Florida High School State Championship in 1987, then received a scholarship to play for Belmont Abbey College, where he served as a team captain.
Kevin’s professional accomplishments include:
- Herb Nord Volunteer of the Year Award NEOTA.
- Head coach from 2006 to 2013 for the NEOTA Midwest Area Training Center, training local nationally-ranked junior players.
- Head coach for the USTA/NEOTA Midwest 14 and Under Junior Davis/Wightman Cup Team.
- Played the USTA Professional Satellite Circuit in Singles and Doubles in 1987,
- Touring hitting partner with WTA Pro Andrea Temesvari and Donna Faber ATP Pro Patrick Mohr.